THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
The subconscious is a very important, if not the most important, area of our minds. It is the part of our minds that runs without our conscious knowledge. Behind the scenes, the subconscious functions as the silent power house. While the conscious mind is responsible for up to 5%-10% of our human potential. The subconscious is responsible for the other 90%-95% of our human potential. Good coaches and hypnotherapists know that, if they are not using methods that access and make good use of the subconscious mind, they are using inefficient practices. The subconscious mind is the realm that is responsible for behaviors, habits, emotions, creativity, data interpretation, and data storage. Believe it or not, everything you have experienced (all sights, thoughts, events, etc) is cataloged within the recesses of the subconscious mind. It is the realm of our greatest human potential.
So, you're probably still wondering, what does all of this mean? Why would any of this be important to you? Let's fast forward to December 31st, any year. One of the customary things a lot of people concern themselves with is making a change in the coming year. So many people make new year's resolutions. Often times these resolutions have to do with losing weight, exercising more, or replacing some sort of unwanted behavior. By the end of February or March, people find that their good intentions just didn't sustain them and they were not able to stay the course and make the changes. Will power alone is often not enough. Will power is a function of the conscious mind (along with rationale). Behavior and habits are functions of the subconscious. So it is very important that if we call ourselves affecting true change, we must deal with the correct agents responsible for the changes.